Tuesday, June 14, 2011

End of Kindergarten

It was only 9 months ago that I could not believe that Kirsten was starting Kindergarten.  Now I cannot believe that she has finished.
Here we are on her first day...
And here we are on her last.
I cannot believe how much she has learned and grown this year.  She has gone from being my little girl to my big girl.  She is reading, writing stories, doing math and so many other things.  She has learned how to deal with different types of people, different teachers, and has made many new friends.  
This is her best friend, Azalea
On Thursday, June 2nd, was her class party.  I had a babysitter come stay with Katie so that I could focus on Kirsten.  They had an ice cream sundae bar and played BINGO.
We have all loved her teacher, Mrs Rolfe.  She has taught my precious angel so many things that I never could have.  We will always hold her dear to our hearts.
It was difficult to send her off to school on Friday morning.  She cried for several hours on Thursday night, and again in the morning.  She really is such a sensitive little girl.  Finally, we were out the door.
They had a little graduation ceremony in her classroom.  Her teacher put together a sweet video of the school year, which we all cried at, again.  Mrs Rolfe gave each of the kids a certificate, a sweet letter, a copy of the class video, and a bag of goodies.
Grandma Alleman was able to come up and share this special day with Kirsten.  Her face lit up when she saw Grandma come in.  We were able to take her home with us early, so grandma took us out to Chick-fil-a to celebrate.
It has been an eventful year, one full of ups and downs, friends, boyfriends, bffs, and frenemies.  Questions about Justin Bieber and singing Katy Perry songs.  I guess I no longer have exclusive control over what she is exposed to.  I am so proud of her as she learns to surround herself with good kids.  These are the friendships I hope will last a lifetime.
Now to figure out how to fill three months of summer....

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am so proud of Kirsten! I hope she liked the Kindergarten Graduation card that I sent to her. Bless her heart, she is such a trooper--can't wait to see her in a week and a half. Love you all, MOM/Grandma Starnes