Monday, July 11, 2011

Weight Loss Journey - Three Months in

I figure that it is time for an update on my weight loss journey.  Last week it had been three months.  I can hardly believe the changes that have taken place over these past three months.  The most obvious are the physical.  I have lost 46 pounds so far, 31 inches and 3 pant sizes.  More important to me though are the life changes that I am making.  I actually do not crave sugar anymore, which is major for me.  I also do not have the major blood sugar swings anymore that practically controlled my life before.  I eat when I need to, only what I need to, and only to fuel my body.  The emotional and social reasons for eating are gone.  

I have also started running.  I have been doing the Couch to 5k running program.  I finished week 6 today.  I had to repeat the first 3 weeks several times because when I started I could not manage to run even the required 60 seconds.  This morning I ran 25 minutes without stopping.  That is unbelievable to me.  It feels so amazing.  I have been going to the gym 6 days a week, alternating 3 days of running and 3 days of strength training, pilates or yoga.  I am trying to be well rounded in my exercise.

Overall, I truly feel like I am getting my life back.  I try not to think about how far I have to go still, but focus on my daily accomplishments.  Each time I go to a party and don't eat the cake, or say no to the bread at dinner is like a renewal of my determination.  I even got to go buy some new clothes, and bought a few shirts from the juniors department.  It was so fun!

Here is a look at my three month before and after pictures.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Great job! That's a great accomplishment. I've been slacking on exercise for the past few days--I guess it's time to get backk on the wagon.

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

Wow! You look amazing. Great job. You inspire me.

Eric and Amy said...

Bravo! You are so inspiring! It is amazing how food can take over our lives, and it's even more amazing to see how powerful we can be. I have bee there too. Good luck and keep up the great work!!

Jodi & Chris Reeve said...

Awesome job Laura!

Alison Alleman said...

You look so great! You can seriously tell a huge difference from those before and after pictures! Go Laura!

Mom Alleman said...

We love you for who you are--but we know that making healthy changes in your life will bring you more Happiness! Love you!

Heather said...

Wow, that's amazing, Laura- you are looking great! I admire your hard work!