Sunday, October 16, 2011

All about Katie

So I was thinking that it is about time that I dedicated an entire post to my littlest angel, Katie Anne.  She is such a little doll and has developed a very intense personality lately.  She knows exactly what she wants and is learning how to get it.  She is so bright and picks up on things so quickly.  She copies pretty much everything Jeremy, Kirsten and I do.  She is always quick to smile and give hugs and kisses.  She is talking up a storm, but I hardly understand any of it.  She always says "thank you" when I give her something and this week she did say "I love You mama"  very clearly.  It completely melted my heart. She is also quite the big kid.  At her 15 month check up she was 27 lbs and 32 inches - 91% in both.  She is starting to out grow some of ther 2T clothes.  No wonder my back always hurts!

I feel so blessed to have her in my life and in my family.  It has been a blessing to have so much one on one time with her while Kristen is in school.  I had five years of it being just me and Kirsten, and now I am lucky to have some of that with Katie.  Here is some of what she has been up to this week. 

I was cleaning the bathrooms and she decided that she needed to help.  I did find it slightly amusing that she knew how the plunger works!
 She even helped me scrub the tub!
Her newest passion is playing dress up.  She loves to wear tutus and puts things on her head constantly - she just won't leave them there.  She also is completely obsessed with shoes.  She picks them out and sits down and sticks her feet in the air for me to put them on her.  If I forget to put shoes on her when I get her dressed, she yells at me and goes back for some.  It is really funny.   Her favorites are her sparkly shoes, but she has unfortunately outgrown them this week.
 She is also fascinated by babies.  Every time she sees one, she almost jumps out of her skin.  She is actually very good with them and holds them, kisses them and pats their heads.  If she sees a baby crying, she will go up and pat their arm and sing to them.  She is really so sweet.  We were lucky to have Kacey up on Friday with her baby, Leah.  Katie was in heaven.
 We put them in matching tutus and even let Katie try to hold Leah.
She is such a little angel and has brought so much joy to our lives.  We love you Katie Anne!

2 comments:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Good girl Katie--such a big helper! Love, Grandma Starnes

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Yes we do love you Katie Anne! Love, Grandma Starnes