Sunday, October 9, 2011

Six Months into the Journey

This past week marks six months since I got really serious about my weight loss and getting in shape.  The past two months have been frustrating, going from 3-5 pounds a week to about 1.  I am hanging in there though, and I refuse to give up.  I met with my nutritionist this week and she says that I am ahead of my goal, being 120 pounds in 18 months.  I have lost 58 pounds in the past 6 months.  It is unbelievable to me how much better I feel.  Kirsten can sit next to me in the recliner now.  I can ride my bike.  I can jump on the trampoline with my kids.  I can practice ballet with Kirsten.  I can chase Katie around the park.  I no longer need the seat belt extender on an airplane.  I can get up off the floor by myself.  I do not have to shop plus sizes any more.  My complexion is clearing up.  My hypoglycemic blood sugar problems are resolving.  My depression is improving.  AND I now run for 45 minutes, 4 times a week, lift weight 3 times a week, and do yoga 3 times a week.  I seriously feel the best that I ever have in my life.  I feel like I am getting my life back.  Like I am breaking free of this monster and becoming myself again.  I could never do this without the support of my amazing husband and the rest of my family.  

I put together a collage of pictures from Day 1, Two Weeks, Three Months, and Six Months.  I am glad that I am having Jeremy take these. They keep me motivated on the hard days and help me to realize that I am making a difference each and every day.

Thank you to everyone who has been motivating me and supporting me.  I know that the best is yet to come!

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am really proud of you Laura, I know what a hard job it is to lose weight. I know you feel a lot better. Keep up the good work! Love, MOM