Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lost and Found

"I once was lost, but now am found...."
                       ~ Camera


About three weeks ago my camera disappeared.  I mean, really, really gone.  This was terrible for two reasons.  There were pictures and videos on it that I had not yet downloaded, and I did not have a camera to take pictures of all the wonderful and exciting things we were doing.  My solution, no more blogging.  What's a blog without pictures?!

So after three weeks of searching everywhere and then finally researching cameras, we decided to buy a new one on Wednesday.  Right before Jeremy got home and we were headed  out to get one, Kirsten comes running in and exclaims -"Mom!  I found your camera!"  That is great Kirsten! Where was it?  "It was in my purse in my closet.  I have NO idea how it got there."  Seriously?  Well, at least I have my camera back.  Kirsten informed Jeremy today that "Mommy is always loosing the camera and I am always finding it."  Really?  I wonder how that happens.

So here is one really long post of what we have been up to for the past month.  Some of the pictures are old, and some are really bad ones taken with my cell phone.  So get ready for picture overload!

We continued our Pre-Halloween celebrations with a Trunk-or-Treat party at church.  Jeremy was really excited to decorate the car this year.  It is actually the first time we have ever done it.
 Maybe next year Jeremy and I will actually dress up, but probably not.
 Kirsten with Zachary, Maddison and Abigail.
 Kirsten and Michael (we have a lot of these)
 Katie with HER baby Rebecca.  She is seriously obsessed with this little one and goes completely crazy everytime she sees her.

 The next morning we got up and headed to the pumpkin patch.  Katie loved chasing Kirsten around the Hay Maze.
 We went on a hayride too.  It was fun, and way windy.
The best part of this pumpkin patch is that they have pumpkin launching.  It was ridiculously fun.
 My pretty little girls with the pumpkin they picked out.
 They both also wanted a little pumpkin of their own.
 That night we had another Trunk-or-Treat for our neighborhood mom's group, complete with a costume parade and a potluck dinner.  It was kind of surreal to get there and realize that I was in charge.  Katie had gotten her Belle costume pretty dirty the night before, so we had to use Kirsten's old ladybug costume instead.  She was still completely adorable though.
 All the kiddos lined up and ready for the parade.
So in the midst of all of this, I got really tired of my ankle hurting and finally went to the doctor.  It turns out that I have a torn tendon.  So no 5K for me that weekend, and I came home with this souvenir.
 It has been almost three weeks now, and I hate it just as much as that first day.  I really hope that this works.

The following Friday, my in-laws invited us to their ward's trunk-or-treat party.  They had dinner and a ton of games inside, followed by trick-or-treating outside.  The girls loved hanging out with their cousins.
Their Aunt Megan
And of course, Grandma and Grandpa Alleman
Finally, the actual day of Halloween arrived.  I took Kirsten to dance and she was the only one who showed up in her class.  Her teacher was wonderful and gave her an hour private lesson.  As soon as we got home, I grabbed Katie and Jeremy and we headed out trick-or-treating.  We had been to about half a block when we ran into the Lendermans, Sauters, Renkers, Christensens, Lendermans, and the Looslis, all from church.  So we decided to hit the neighborhood together.  The kids had a blast trick-or-treating with their friends.
So that about sums up Halloween around here.  Personally, I think that it went on way too long.  The positive side is that at least we got out money's worth out of the kids costumes.

In the midst of all this, we did some other things too.  
Katie, Luke and Owen - snack time!
Katie refuses to sit in her highchair anymore, even when it is pulled up to the table.  She gets so excited when it is meal time and she gets to sit in a big chair!
I have been staying busy with my girl scout troop as well.  I have the greatest Co-Leader this year, Stacey.  She even lets us have the meetings at her house.  I really do love this group of girls.
They are so fun, and were dying to show off their silly side!
And finally, my cutie, Katie.  She gets bigger everyday.  She never ceases to amaze me with the things she learns and picks up on.  I had to share this picture.  She insisted on the boots.  I think she looks like a true Texas baby here!
Now, hopefully I can hold onto my camera better from now on, or at least remember to check Kirsten's purse if I loose it!

2 comments:

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

Laura, it is great to hear all that is happening with you. I love the camera story. Where do they get this stuff. We love and miss you guys. Thanks for posting.

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I love the pink boots! I think we got those for Kirsten--I don't know if they are the same ones or not. That's my cowgirl! I love seeing pictures of my granddaughters and of course of you and Jeremy. Love, MOM