Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year.   I think that the highlight was having my little sister, Jenny, her for four days.  It is the most time that I have spent with her since June of 2001 when she graduated from high school and went to New York for college and I left for Honduras for my mission.  It was great to see her and to watch my girls getting to know their Aunt Jenny. 

We enjoyed having my mom here too and invited the Lenderman Family over for Christmas eve.  We were brave and had a kids only table in the living room.
Jeremy kept up our tradition of reading T'was the Night Before Christmas
Followed by all the kiddos acting out the Christmas story.  Kirsten and Michael were Mary and Joseph, and Rebecca had the starring role as baby Jesus.
Rachel and Katie were the cutest Shepherds ever, and Jenny was the Angel of the Lord (because she was the only "LOWE" in the house).
Kirsten and Katie also got to open the matching nightgowns that I made for them.
Leaving cookies and milk for Santa Claus
 And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care....
It was great having Jenny's stocking with ours.  Santa left two shiny presents and filled the stockings.  Jeremy made Katie a toy box that I covered.  He also made Kirsten a bed for her American Girl Doll, and I made the bedding.  They were so excited!  The girls received so many wonderful gifts from family, here are a few of the highlights.
The CD player Kirsten got from Santa
Matching Princess Pajamas from Aunt Anne
A stuffed Kitty from her big sister
A stroller for her dolls from Grandma and Grandpa Lowe
A watch from Mommy and Daddy
And boots from Great Grandma Adams
I was also able to find beautiful matching Christmas Dresses for the girls.  
After church, we came home and got ready for Christmas dinner.  I made a turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, dressing, an apple pie and a pumpkin pie.  It was exhausting, but so fun at the same time.  Jeremy loved being able to carve the turkey for the first time in his life!
We really enjoyed hosting Christmas this year, and were so thrilled to have my mom and Jenny out.  My mom left after dinner on Sunday.  Sunday night we opened presents with my dad and enjoyed pies.

Monday we got up early and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast - Patty's favorite!  We enjoyed shopping at Hobby Lobby and then went to see Puss in Boots and the dollar movie.  We had dinner at my dad's and then had to say goodbye to Jenny.  Kirsten cried when she woke up Tuesday and Jenny was already gone.

Tuesday afternoon we headed over to Jeremy's mom and dad's house for Christmas with them.  Megan gave the girls Disney Princess dolls, his mom mad the girls beautiful embroidered towels, and his dad made a periscope for them.

We enjoyed a great spaghetti dinner and tons of dancing with the Wii.
They also gave Kirsten and Katie matching pajamas (yes, that makes 3 matching sets for Christmas).
I think Jeremy got the most coveted gift of all....
A Kinex Rollercoaster.  I think his brothers are all jealous!  I do not know who had more fun putting it together, him or Kirsten.  It has already gotten hours of play time this week!

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year.  We feel so blessed and are so grateful for this time of year to spend with family celebrating the birth of our Savior.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

2 comments:

The Astounding Andersens said...

It looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad your family was able to come into town! I miss y'all so much!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I was so happy to be able to spend Christmas in Texas this year with two of my beautiful daughters and two of my beautiful grand-daughters. Love, MOM