Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Grandparents

So one of the perks of me having to take it easy and needing a ton of help is that the girls have gotten to spend a ton of time with their grandparents over the past few weeks.

During Kirsten's spring break we made it over to see Grandma Alleman and have a picnic in the backyard.
 Katie discovered Grandpa's tractor and would probably have spent the entire day on it if we let her.
 Katie really loves to color these days, especially if Kirsten is coloring.  They got to spend time creating masterpieces with their Aunt Megan.
 Last week on Thursday and Friday Patty came to stay with us.  Then on Saturday we had her and my dad over to celebrate her birthday.  Jeremy and Kirsten made a chocolate cake and they brought over a feast from Rosa's cafe.  I think that we had four meals from it - delicious!
 Katie loved snuggling with her Grandma Lowe.
 My mom got here on Saturday to stay for a week and help us out.  Saturday night after the girls' baths, my mom rolled their hair in socks.  Kirsten's looked beautiful on Sunday for church, but Katie managed to get hers out and throw them on the floor by her crib.
 Katie has loved tons of snuggle time this week with her Grandma Starnes.  Isn't she so cute?!
 I think that Grandma is getting spoiled having two little girls loving on her so much.   My mom is out getting her nails done right now and Kirsten is sobbing, refusing to go to bed until Grandma tickles her back.  Because as she repeatedly tells me "Grandma Starnes is the best back tickler in the world!"
I feel so blessed to have had so much help from my family these past weeks.  My mom, dad, step mom and Jeremy have all taken time off work to be here and I know that it has been a great sacrifice.  I love them so much and am so grateful for their willingness to help me.  I do not know how I would have survived these past two and a half weeks without my amazing husband and parents.

2 comments:

Mom Alleman said...

You are truly blessed with lots of people that Love and Care about you! We are thankful that you are feeling better, Laura, and that you are on the road to recovery! We love you guys!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I wish I could be there more often. I had a wonderful week with your family and especially some of 'my girls'. Love you bunches! MOM