Monday, March 19, 2012

A little better each day

So I am happy to say that I am feeling a little bit better each day.  I actually have made it today with only one pain pill when I woke up this morning.  I am able to be up a little bit more - although my doctor keeps reminding me to keep my foot up unless I am up to go to the bathroom.  I am trying.

My mom got in on Saturday and it has been a huge help having her here.  Kirsten was thrilled to have Grandma drop her off and pick her up from school today.  It was a little rough this afternoon getting Kirsten back into the habit of practicing her piano, violin, reading, going to ballet, doing spelling words, bath, and bedtime after spring break, but hopefully we will do better tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I am headed back to work.  I am actually really looking forward to it, but am a little scared at the same time.  Wish me luck!  I am trying to go back to the day at a time attitude and not worry about what next week will bring.  It is working so far - I have gone two days without crying or yelling at anyone!

By the end of the week I will have to start figuring out how to do things on my own and really take stock of what I can and cannot do.  For now though, I am really enjoying having my mommy take care of me.

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am glad you are off of the pain killers now and getting better each day. I know it is rough, but you are learning much about improvising and accepting help from others which is a great part of compassionate service and allowing others to receive blessings for helping. Love, MOM