Sunday, March 11, 2012

Potato Soup

I am not totally sure that I can claim this one as my own, as Jeremy did the actual cooking.  However, I was yelling the instructions from the other room with my leg up in a cast.  It has been cold and wet here the past few days and my wonderful husband made potato soup for dinner.

Ingredients
8 slices of bacon
8 medium potatoes
1 small sliced sweet onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 cups milk
1 can of corn
1 Tbsp Salt
White pepper
green onions - chopped
grated cheese

Start out by cooking the bacon until it is crispy and then crumble into pieces - this will help it not get soggy in the soup later on.
 While the bacon is cooking, peel and dice your potatoes and onion.
 Leave a 1/2 inch layer of the bacon grease in the pan after removing the bacon.
Saute the potatoes and onion in the bacon grease until they start to become golden.
 In a larger saucepan, whisk together the Cream of Chicken soup, milk, salt and pepper.
 Add the can of corn and potatoes.  Bring to a boil, and let it simmer until the potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally.
 Dish into bowls and top with the cheese, bacon and green onions.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

That looks very good, I will have to try it! Love, MOM