Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sickies

So we have been the victims of what many are calling the "Ogle Bug" because it seems that everyone at our school is getting some mysterious virus.  Kirsten started out a week and a half ago with a sinus infection.  Then while on her antibiotic, she got sent home from school with a 102 fever.  We took her to the doctor and they said it was a virus.  Three days later Katie woke up with a 102.8 fever and the same mystery virus.  This morning I woke up with it, and then Kirsten came down with a double ear infection this evening.  I am seriously done with all of this nonsense.  We have been to the doctor 8 times in the past two weeks and the people at CVS know me by name.  I am supposed to have my ankle surgery on Monday, but I cannot if I do not shake this.  Send prayers our way - I really do not want to have to reschedule.

Speaking of the surgery, I think that I have everything ready.  I have my crutches, a knee scooter, a bath stool, a walking boot, ankle brace, water proof boot, handicap tag, my prescriptions, laundry done, freezer stocked, meals set up, my gym membership on hold, and help with the kids for the next 3 weeks.  I am really trying to be prepared, but I am sure that I am missing something.  I am scared about the next two months and what the re-cooperation will be like, but I am looking forward to six months from now when I will be able to walk and not be in excruciating pain.  Maybe I will even be able to run again!  Here's to hoping!

No comments: