Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pictures of my Princessas

I love taking pictures of my two beautiful girls.  They just light up my life in the little things they do everyday.  I love catching their smiles and their antics on camera.  Here are some of my favorite photos from the past week.  

Katie has figured out how to turn on my radio.  They laid on the floor in my room like this for 15 minutes listening to Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano concerto.
 Katie is completely obsessed with backpacks.  I think that she learned it from Dora.  She is constantly taking Kirsten's school backpack and running around with it on.
 Thank goodness we have a spare, or Kirsten might not get hers back to go to school some mornings!
 Katie and Kirsten took turns pushing each other around on Kirsten's chair for over an hour one night.  I am so glad they can entertain each other!
 Tonight after dinner, Kirsten decided to give daddy a back rub because he had a hard day at work.
 I took the girls swimming today after school.  We spent over two hours at the pool.  It was a little cold, but we still had a blast.

Once we got home, Jeremy tried to change Katie out of her swimsuit and she completely flipped out.  So the compromise was wearing her swimsuit top over her nightgown.  And yes, she is sleeping that way right now.
 Katie loves to play dress up.  She is constantly going through outfits and loves to put new creative ensembles together.  She also loves having her friends over to play.
 One of her favorite things to do is play outside, and in particular she loves to swing.  Last week when my visiting teachers were here, she went and got her shoes, climbed into Sister Dougherty's lap and had her put them on her, then jumped up and grabbed her hand and dragged her outside to go play.  I think she would live outside if she could   We have taken advantage of the beautiful weather this week and my new ability to walk and headed to the park a couple of times.
 When we were at the park on Wednesday she saw the  pool and very excitedly exclaimed "big bath!"  She has been asking for a big bath non stop since, thus the pool trip today.
 After we gave Jeremy his presents on Sunday, Kirsten tried to put herself into a gift bag.  When she did not fit, we caught her putting Katie in it.  She carried her out and gave her to daddy as a birthday present!
 I seriously love these girls.  I love their smiles and laughter and the joy they bring to our lives.  I especially love how much they love each other.  I think that as a mother there is nothing more I could ask for.

2 comments:

The Alleman Jamboree with C&D said...

way too cute, love, love, the post. thanks for sharing. i hope katie can have another "big bath" sometime :)

Janet Adams Starnes said...

They are growing up way too fast. Katie's face is changing from a baby face to a little girl's face.

Love, MOM