Friday, May 11, 2012

Perspective

It is so easy to loose perspective sometimes.  Especially when you are doing something over an extended period of time. Take weight loss for example.  I finally decided last March that enough was enough and I was going to kick this.  I lost 60 pounds in six months.  Then I hurt my ankle and stayed steady for four months.  Then I had surgery on said and gained 10 pounds over the next two months.  I have since lost 8 of those, but I have been discouraged lately, feeling like I have done nothing over the last year and that I have lost all of my hard work.  

Well, tonight we were setting up for the garage sale tomorrow and I pulled out a box of clothes from last year that I had put aside to donate.  These pants were so tight that they would not button a year ago.
That was just the perspective I needed to realize that the hard work is paying off.  And while it is slow going at times, it is worth it to keep going, one day, one meal, at a time.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You look awesome!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am so proud of you Laura, I know it is hard. I went to my sleep doctor last week and I had lost and kept off nine pounds since I saw him a year ago, he was very happy with me--since he knows how hard it is for me to lose even one pound. He gave me a lot of encouragement to keep on working on it. That is what we have to do.

Love you Laura, MOM