Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Rest of the Summer

Summer is winding down and we are all ready for school to start next week.  We have been trying to stay busy and cool though.  So here is a run down of the past few weeks.

Katie has loved having her sister home and they insist on matching whenever possible - all the way down to the leopard print leggings!
 As I mentioned in my previous post, Jeremy took the girls to the Sci-Tech Discovery Center with free passes we got from the Library.  I am not sure what all they are doing, but here are some pictures of their outing.




 With the hot and dry weather the past two summers, we have had some major erosion around our foundation.  We finally took a Saturday to get some dirt to build up the foundation and change the slope a little.  We rented a u-haul trailer to pull behind our car and ended up with three trailer loads of dirt.  They were each 1 ton - so we hauled a lot of dirt!  The whole family got in on the action, even Katie.
 My dad came over and helped us too.  Kirsten was stuck to Grandpa like glue and loved being his helper.  The five of us worked for 6 hours.  It was exhausting, but well worth it.
 I have two little dancers on my hands.  They like to get dressed up and turn on Swan Lake or the Nutcracker and then will dance for hours on end.  Sometimes they even talk me into breaking out my old ballet shoes and joining them.  It is so fun!
 Last week we used our free passes to the Frisco Aquatic Center.  We chose a great day to go.  It was cool and over cast, and completely empty.  There is an indoor and outdoor area.  Outside there are two big slides, a big pool, a huge kiddie area, and a lazy river.  Inside there is a lazy river, lap pool, play pool, one big slide, and another slightly smaller kiddie area.  We will definitely have to go again sometime - when we get free passes again!
 Kirsten went up these stairs and down the slides 108 times.  I cannot believe she kept track!  She was exhausted and slept so well that night.  Since it was empty, I could just let her go by herself and keep track of her from the kiddie are with Katie.
 Katie and I basically had the kiddie area to ourselves.  She like the little red slide, but not the bigger green one.
 Her favorite thing to do was stick her head in the fountains.
Friday night, Kirsten went to Jada's  birthday party at Pump it Up.  It is a big indoor bounce house place.  She had a ton of fun and ran herself ragged!

 After two hours of playing, pizza and cake, Kirsten started to get a little crazy.  Apparently this is what happens when she is at a party at 9:30 at night!
 I have been working on quilts for the girls for Christmas.  I finished Katie's top yesterday and I am almost done with Kirsten's.  I bought the fabric at the quilt show last year, and need about 1 more yard to finish, but here it is so far.
We are packing a ton of fun stuff into the next few days before school starts back on Monday.  I am looking forward to getting back into a routine, but I am sure going to miss having both of my girls with me all day!

2 comments:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Kirsten is growing up so much and learning so much. I am so proud of her and all of you! Love, MOM

Janet Adams Starnes said...

Kirsten, that looks like such a fun party! Wish I could have been there! Love, Grandma Starnes