Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Nutcracker

Saturday was a special day for Kirsten and me.  I took her to Fort Worth to see the Nutcracker put on by the Texas Ballet Theatre.  We let her wear her Christmas dress early, and she looked so beautiful.
 It was her first time to see a professional ballet production and her first time to the Bass Hall.  She kept saying that it was the most beautiful place, other than the temple that she had ever been.

 We had great seats.  We were on the first row of the Gallery, so no one in front of us!
 As we climbed the stairs, she said she felt like a Princess going up to the tallest tower.
 She even lost her shoe walking up the stairs.  
 She loved the performance. She asked if I thought she would be able to dance like that one day.  I told her she could if she worked hard enough.  She is such a dedicated little dancer.

After the show we spent some time walking around Sundance Square in Fort Worth.  It was her first time there as well.  She loved the plant sculptures.
 I let her pick the restaurant, and she decided on Mi Cocina for dinner.  She was a great dinner date!
We topped the day off with a trip to the cupcakery, then headed home.  We were both worn out, but had so  much fun.  I love spending time with my little girl!

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

WOW that looks like fun--wish I could have gone with you. Love you bunches! MOM