Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Visit from the Burrs

We had the wonderful privilege of a visit from our good friends, the Burrs last week.  Amy was my first really good friend as a mom and our families instantly became close.  About four years ago, they moved to California.  We have been able to go out there and visit, and they come out here to see family too, so luckily we have been able to stay close.  

When they lived here, we got together almost every Friday night for dinner, and desert, and then we would play Munchkin while the kids watched movies.  So of course we had dinner.  I also made an awesome Chocolate cake!  Ben was thrilled to be old enough to be at the adult table!
Meanwhile, Kirsten, Joseph, Joshua and Katie made it through two movies while we played and visited.
 Kirsten has always lovingly referred to Benjamin, Joshua and Joseph as "my boys"
 Our game took almost two hours.  We had some pretty impressive hands going.
 Matt even took some time to show me how to use my new computer with Windows 8.  Now I no longer want to throw it through a window every time I use it!  Amy took some time to add the fine tuners to Kirsten's violin and re-string it for me.

It was such a great visit, but it is always so hard to see them go.  We are hoping to get out to California sometime in 2013 to let Katie meet Mickey and to have a Munchkin rematch.  Thanks for taking time to come and see us.  We love you guys!

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am glad you were able to have a good visit with them--I know you were very close to them when they lived there.