Monday, January 14, 2013

The Christmas Aftermath

After all of our family left, we still had over a week and a half to spend together before Kirsten went back to school and I went back to work.  So that is when the real fun started - playing with all our Christmas Gifts.

Katie loved spending time putting together her princess legos.
 And speaking of legos...
 Kirsten received seven Lego Friends sets for Christmas and had to put every single one of them together.  Her all time favorite was the house.  It took her 9 hours.  She was so proud of it.
 I have to admit that it is pretty incredible, both inside and out.
Katie has hardly taken off her Rapunzel dress from my mom, and sleeps with the Rapunzel doll every night.
 And of course, both their dolls - Emily and Emma, can ride their horse, Emma, together.
 I thought that I got an iPad for Christmas, but it turns out it is actually Katie's.
 And of course we have spent tons of time dancing.  The girls got the Just Dance Disney game for Christmas and absolutely love it.
They also spend countless hours in their ballet clothes dancing in their bedroom.
 I love how much they love dancing.  It is so fun to watch them together.
It was very hard on Katie for Kirsten to go back to school.  She asks for her sister constantly.  She cries when she leaves for school and squeals in delight when she comes home.  

I was sick the whole week after Christmas, so we did not do as much as I wanted or get the things done on my to-do list.  But we were able to spend a lot of time together at home, which ultimately is the best way to spend a vacation.  

1 comment:

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am glad they liked their Christmas! We really enjoyed what little time we had there. Love, MOM