Sunday, April 14, 2013

California Trip Day 2 - Sunday

I have decided that I really like traveling over Conference weekend.  It means that I do not have to find someone to take care of the music for me at church, I do not have to pack church clothes, and I do not have to send my kids to a strange primary and nursery.  And yet, we still get to go to church.  It is seriously a great deal.

Have you ever had a really super fun day and then realized at the end of it that you did not take any pictures at all?  That was me on Sunday.  We had a great day.  It started with my girls waking up at 4:45 am (thank you time change) so we had a really big head start on the day.  My Aunt and Uncle have a tradition of having family over for breakfast and conference.  Kirsten had so much fun helping Aunt Verlanne make mini quiches, waffles, eggs, and bacon.  Then my cousin Michael came over with his wife Janica and their kids, Emily, Allyson, and Benjamin.  Here is a picture I found of the three of them.
Kirsten and Katie were totally in love with Benjamin - he is only a month old.   Katie and Allyson are only two days apart and got along about as well as two, two years do.  Emily is almost 5 and she and Kirsten became instantly in inseparable.  They spent the majority of the day upstairs coloring and playing at the park across the street.   We spent the day watching conference and enjoying time with family.  Kirsten spent the afternoon with Verlanne in her craft room making cards.  They had so much fun.  Then my cousin Rachel came over and we got to spend the evening with this little cutie pie.
 Ava is 13 months old and always has a smile on her face.  We grilled hamburgers for dinner and enjoyed sitting out on the patio with the amazing spring weather in Southern California.  We had a wonderful and relaxing two days to start off our vacation.  Now stay tuned, because on Monday, the insanity called Disneyland started!

2 comments:

rachel medina said...

holla!!! shout out to cousin rachel!! i feel famous!

Janet Adams Starnes said...

I am glad they had some cousin time!