Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sewing

Kirsten has been begging for me to teach her how to sew.  I was going to start with sewing lines on paper, but in true Kirsten fashion, she just wanted to jump right in.  We picked out some cute fabric and a pattern, and she made herself a skirt!  I guided her, but she did most of the work herself from the fitting the pattern, pinning and cutting to the actual sewing.
  She was very careful and very diligent.
 Then in just a few hours on a Saturday afternoon she was sporting her creation!
 Then of course I had to take the scraps and pull one together for Katie too!
 She would not stop there, she wanted to do a dress next.  So the next Sunday we decided to make a dress with the same pattern as her baptism dress to practice.  I did the bodice and sleeves, she did the skirt and put them together.

I am so proud of my little girl!  She is really growing up and learning so many new things!

No comments: