Tuesday, August 20, 2013

8 is Great!

The day before Kirsten’s birthday we were not feeling well and headed to the doctor.  It turned out the Kirsten, Katie and I all had strep.  Not fun.  I felt so bad for my little girl being sick on her 8th birthday.  She was supposed to give a talk in Primary on her birthday too.  She took it in stride though, I was so proud of her.  We still let her open her presents that night though.
 Daddy got her a Cowgirl hat to wear to the Western-themed Daddy Daughter Dance in September at church.
 We also got her a purse
 And her very own Harry Potter Robes
 She was pretty excited to say the least
 Since we all had sore throats, we bought an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins
 On Tuesday we were finally feeling better and finished celebrating her birthday.  We started with her favorite breakfast – Biscuits and Gravy
  We put a candle in the biscuit, but since it was still hot, the bottom of the candle melted.  Oops!
Then Tuesday night we had my dad and Patty and Alison and Owen over for dinner and cake.  Gingy apparently thought my dad’s bald head tasted good!
  She got a wallet for her new purse, some pencils for school, and earrings.  The best present of all was getting to spend time holding her favorite little nephew.
 Owen is getting so big and is so completely adorable.  We are totally in love with this little guy!
 Then we topped off the night with the chocolate cake that Kirsten was apparently very excited about.
I can hardly believe that eight years has passed since I became a mother and held my baby girl for the first time.  I had no idea that my heart could be so full of love.  She has filled our lives with joy every day. I love watching her grow and develop.   She is very loving and has the biggest heart of anyone I know.  She has such a strong testimony of the gospel and a strong faith in her Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am thrilled that she has made the decision to be baptized later this month.  I feel so blessed each and every day to be her mother and to call her my daughter.  Happy 8th Birthday Kirsten!

No comments: